- 1½ cups almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened
- Shredded, unsweetened coconut for garnish
- Pulse almonds, pumpkin seeds and salt in food processor until finely ground. Add dates, lemon juice, vanilla, and half the lemon zest. Pulse until mixture is cohesive and sticky.
- Press almond mixture evenly into an 8x8 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut butter and remaining lemon zest until smooth (if mixture is too thick to stir, warm slightly over a pot of simmering water).
- Spread coconut butter mixture onto crust and smooth the top. Let chill for one hour to set, then cut into squares. Enjoy!