Raw Medjool Date Truffles
Medjool dates are know as ‘The King of Dates’ and have been eaten throughout the Middle East for thousands of years. These sweet fruits are high in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and are an excellent source of fiber.
Updated: Sat, 04/07/2018 - 6:54am
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup orange juice (more as needed)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ - ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Lucuma powder (optional)
- Shredded coconut and finely chopped almonds for garnish
- Blend dates, orange juice, extracts and sea salt in a blender or food processor until creamy and smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine date mixture with almond butter, shredded coconut and Lucuma until thoroughly mixed. Add more orange juice if needed to achieve a smoother consistency.
- Roll date mixture into ¾-inch balls and then roll into coconut or almonds to coat. Enjoy!