- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh, minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon fresh, minced turmeric
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional, but delicious)
- 3 cups chopped mango (including juice and pulp)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, ginger, turmeric, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook until onions are just soft, about five minutes.
- Add mango, vinegar, spices, and salt, stirring to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat to lowest setting, and let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking. Mixture will boil down to about half original volume.
- Let cool and serve alongside rice, dal, and samosas. Enjoy!