Raw Tomato Sauce
Using a combination of sundried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes yields a rich sauce without any of the simmering. Use as a dip, as a pizza topping, or for pasta.
Updated: Sat, 04/14/2018 - 8:23am
- ¾ cup packed sundried tomatoes, soaked one hour
- 2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup packed fresh basil
- 2-4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Water, as needed
- Drain sundried tomatoes, but reserve soak water. Add to processor with all remaining ingredients. Process until very smooth, adding soak water 1 Tablespoon at a time to thin to desired consistency.
- Serve with pasta, as a dipping sauce, or on flatbread pizzas.