- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2½ cups water
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1¼ Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic and onion in a medium pot until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté until brown.
- Meanwhile, put the tomato paste in a bowl and add the water. Mix until it forms a thick sauce.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and all other ingredients into the pot with the sautéd mixture. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!