- 20 small red chilies, stemmed and minced
- 1 cup minced fresh tomatoes
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 Tablespoons palm sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red miso
- 1 Tablespoon salt
Note: Always use care when handling fresh chilies as they can burn your skin. Use gloves when chopping and be sure not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth after touching any part of the chilies.
- Grind chilies, tomatoes, and garlic in a food processor or mortar and pestle until thick and smooth.
- Add in oil, sugar, vinegar, miso, and salt, stirring to combine. Sambal should be thick and creamy. Add more salt or sugar to taste.
- Serve alongside fried tempeh, summer rolls, or mix into sauces. Stores for about a week in the fridge. Enjoy (carefully)!