- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup roasted garlic olive oil or peanut oil
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- ¼-⅓ cup Japanese-style pickled ginger, drained with 2 Tablespoons juice reserved
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow baking dish. Toast until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients except the water and toasted sesame seeds.
- With the motor running, add the hot water and process until the sauce is thoroughly blended.
- Transfer the sauce to a glass jar and add the sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed, up to 3 months. Shake vigorously before using. Enjoy!
Note: If you don't have enough pickled ginger juice, substitute brown rice vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar to taste.