- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, slivered
- 3½ cups cooked red kidney, black or pinto beans
(or 2 cans beans)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1½-2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
- Stir in corn; continue cooking until corn is tender, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cilantro, serve and enjoy!