Gluten-Free Veggie Patties
These patties can also be placed in a loaf pan, and baked for 25 minutes at 350º to make an excellent “Mock Meatloaf”. (You can spread ketchup or BBQ sauce over the top before baking for added flavor.)
- 1½ cups mixed nuts
- 1 large red potato, cubed and boiled
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil + 3 Tablespoons
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon egg replacer
- Salt and pepper to
- Grind nuts up in a food processor until a crumbly, fine mixture forms.
- Place boiled potato in a large bowl and mash with fork. Add in brown rice.
- Heat a large skillet with 3 Tablespoons safflower oil over high heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent. Add half of the ground nuts and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in vegetables, liquid smoke, seasonings and vegan butter.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir into potato/rice mixture.
- In a small bowl combine tomato paste and egg replacer. Stir in mixture.
- Form 2" patties with your hands until all of mixture is used.
- Reheat large skillet with remaining safflower oil over high heat. Fry patties in batches - cooking until browned on one side, about 3-5 minutes. Flip to brown other side. Serve and enjoy!