Pesto Cashew Cheeze
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 1 hour
- 1 (10-ounce) block extra firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, soaked 1 hour
- 2-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (7-ounce) box manicotti pasta
- 1 (25-ounce) jar prepared marinara sauce
- Drain and rinse cashews. Pulse in food processor until crumbly. Add in tofu. Pulse to combine. Drain tomatoes, reserving soaking water. Add tomatoes, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, and dried herbs and blend to combine. Pour in reserved soaking water as needed for a creamy and smooth consistency. Add more lemon or olive oil as needed for taste. Stir in pesto. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook manicotti according to directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Scoop Cheeze into a pastry bag (alternatively, use a plastic resealable bag; after filling snip off the corner of the bag. Gently squeeze Cheeze into each manicotti evenly. Lay each finished manicotti into a deep baking dish and drizzle marinara sauce on top.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes, or until warmed through. Enjoy!