- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 4 cups curly kale, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzos)
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Cook orzo according to pacakage directions. When the orzo is finished cooking, add the kale to the pot and stir to quickly blanch the kale. Pour into a colander and rinse with cold water, stirring gently to remove all the heat. Leave in colander to drain.
- In a large skillet, add 2 Tablespoons olive oil and cook the onions over medium-low heat until browned. Turn off heat, and let onions cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine orzo/kale mixture, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, dill and feta (if using). Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!