- 2-3 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into 1 centimeter cubes
- 1 cup fresh pineapple puree (about 2 cups chopped pineapple)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 cups thinly sliced greens (cabbage, kale, etc.)
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add tofu and cook, tossing often, until tofu is just browned on all sides – about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together pineapple puree, vinegar, soy sauce, coconut sugar, garlic and chili flakes until sugar dissolves.
- Lower heat and add pineapple juice mixture to skillet. Stir to coat, then cover and cook on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce will thicken and reduce slightly. Toss in greens and cover again until greens are wilted. Stir together and garnish with cilantro. Serve with grains, noodles or inside wraps for a sweet and sour meal! Enjoy!