Lasagna with Cashew Tomato Sauce
A super healthy version of a classic comfort food. This lasagna is made with an abundance of vegetables, a rich Cashew Tomato Sauce, and classic marinara sauce for a wholesome dairy-free dish.
Updated: Mon, 04/20/2020 - 7:33am
- 2 cups cubed Kabocha pumpkin
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 1½ cups marinara sauce of choice
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked according to directions and drained
- 1 recipe Cashew Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cups spinach
- In a large saucepan, boil 4 cups water. Add cubed pumpkin and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and mash slightly with pesto. Set aside.
- To build lasagna: Cover bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with ½ cup marinara sauce. Line cooked noodles on top of sauce, and then layer with pumpkin-pesto mixture. Add another layer of noodles, top with 1 cup Cashew Tomato Sauce, and add spinach. Add another layer of noodles, then zucchini and carrots. Add a final layer of noodles, spread with remaining Cashew Tomato Sauce. Pour remaining marinara sauce over top.
- Bake at 350º for 35 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and vegetables look cooked. Let stand ten minutes before serving.