Vegetable Loaf with Maple Apricot Glaze
A hearty holiday dinner centerpiece that everyone will enjoy. It also makes for tasty leftovers.
- Extra virgin olive oil + 2 Tablespoons
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup vegetable stock + more if needed
- 1 (16-ounce) can white beans like cannellini or navy, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and pressed dry
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- To prepare Vegetable Loaf: Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9”x 13” pan with olive oil.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add in carrots, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, celery, onions and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until a little browning begins to occur. Then pour in vegetable stock and stir occasionally until soft – about 15 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add in beans and process until vegetables are broken up and mixture is combined.
- Crumble in tofu and add in remaining ingredients and process again until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Pack down and smooth mixture out with the back of a spoon.
- Mix together all Maple Apricot Glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Divide in half and reserve one half for serving later. Brush the glaze on top of Vegetable Loaf.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and then bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a butter knife along the sides of the loaf to loosen and transfer to a serving platter. You can drizzle the remaining glaze on top or serve it on the side. Happy Holidays!