- Olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed dry
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Spike seasoning
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Paprika, to garnish
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Cut tofu in half lengthwise. Keeping halves stacked, cut 3 equal slices lengthwise. Rotate tofu and make 2 equal slices across. Yields 18 bite-sized squares.
- Using a ¼ teaspoon measuring spoon, carefully scoop out the middle of each square, taking care not to scoop too deep. Place scooped tofu into a bowl.
- To make “yolk”: Crumble scooped tofu with hands. Add all remaining ingredients except paprika and green onions. Stir until well combined and mixture is mustard yellow.
- Scoop “yolk” into cups of “eggs”.
- Place “eggs” in baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool.
- Dust each “egg” with paprika and garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!