A classic paring with polenta, this quick sauté balances well with the creamy richness of the polenta.
- 1 bunch kale; stemmed and chopped in ¼” pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2-4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Steam kale for 2-4 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add in onions and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and softened – about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar stir to combine. Let reduce for a couple of minutes.
- Place steamed kale in a large bowl. Pour balsamic mixture over kale. Toss thoroughly to combine. Top with fresh cracked pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Enjoy!