- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground chili chipotle
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2-4 tortillas
- Tomatoes to taste, chopped
- 1 Japanese cucumber, chopped
- Red Russian kale to taste, chopped
- Slice tempeh into thin strips.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add tempeh strips.
- Fry tempeh until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Flip over and repeat on other side.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon or lime juice, chipotle powder and chili powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add soy sauce to tempeh and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour lemon mixture over tempeh strips and cook for another 2-4 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Place tempeh strips in the center of your tortilla. Top with fresh local tomato, cucumber, and red Russian kale. Feel free to substitute with your favorite vegetables.
- Wrap tortilla. Serve with fresh Pineapple Salsa and tortilla chips and enjoy!