- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 medium Okinawan sweet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch or as needed
- Saute onion and garlic in a sauce pan for a few minutes, until onions start to become translucent.
- Add spices, and brown for another minute.
- Add Okinawan sweet potato and continue to brown for a couple of minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans, coconut milk, broth and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add arrowroot starch as needed to thicken. Once desired consistency is achieved, serve over rice or naan bread and enjoy!