Our go-to recipe for a delicious centerpiece for any holiday party! Those who prefer to eat a plant-based diet can rejoice for this impressive dish will have everyone at the table coming back for seconds.
- 3-5 cups prepared stuffing of your choice, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook desired Stuffing according to package directions and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Mash tofu until crumbly. Add in remaining Tofu Turkey ingredients. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined. Set aside ¼ of the tofu mixture.
- Line a large colander with cheesecloth. Press tofu into bottom and sides of colander, about a ½" thick creating a hollow center. Once the tofu has been patted down firmly along the sides, fill the center with stuffing. Place the reserved tofu on top of stuffing to seal it in. Use any excess tofu from the sides to help cover the stuffing as well.
- Cut a circle out of parchment paper the same size as the colander. Press parchment circle onto tofu mixture. Very carefully, flip the tofu mixture onto a round plate. This will make it easy to transfer the mixture. Once you’ve flipped the tofu mixture, you can either slide the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet or into a pie pan. If you use the baking sheet, the tofu will spread as it cooks and will have an extra crispy outside. If you use the pie pan, the tofu will keep its dome shape much better and will result in a softer outside.
- Mix together the Basting Sauce.
- Peel away the cheesecloth. Pour and brush on about ¾ of the Basting Sauce.
- Place tofu turkey into oven and bake for 1 hour, basting with remaining sauce every 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with fresh cranberries and herbs. Serve with gravy on the side and your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!