Rainbow Arame Salad
Arame is a mild-flavored sea vegetable that is loaded with all the minerals of the ocean. The combination of fiber and vitamin-rich vegetables makes for a nutrition packed meal!
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- ½ ounce arame seaweed (about ½ cup dry), soaked 20 minutes
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1 - 2 cups sprouts
- ¼ cup white miso
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated (optional)
- Water, as needed
- Rinse and drain arame.
- Toss arame and all vegetables into a large mixing bowl and toss to combine, breaking apart arame, as it tends to stick together.
- In a small bowl whisk together Dressing ingredients until smooth, adding more water for taste or texture.
- Toss Dressing onto salad and enjoy immediately. If serving later, keep Dressing separate. Enjoy!