Seasoned Raw Flax Crackers
Seasoned Raw Flax Cracker recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 2 cups whole flax seeds
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic , crushed or pressed
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 celery stock, finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
Special Materials: Dehydrator, Teflex Sheets
- Add all ingredients except lemon juice and zest into a large bowl.
- Stir and add enough water to just cover the surface. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Mixture will thicken as it sits.
- Add lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- Spread mixture about ⅛”-¼” thick onto Teflex sheets and place in a dehydrator. There should be enough mixture for 3 trays.
- Set dehydrator at 105°. Dehydrate on one side for 6 hours.
- Removing the Teflex sheet, flip and dehydrate on the other side for another 6 hours, until crispy.
- Break crackers apart by hand and enjoy!