- 2 bunches kale
- 1 cup sunflower seeds or raw cashews, soaked for 20 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil leaves
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast, for garnish
Special materials: Dehydrator
- Wash kale and remove stems, keeping leaves in large pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Place all remaining ingredients except nutritional yeast garnish in a food processor or blender and blend to form a creamy marinade.
- Pour marinade over kale and completely coat, using hands. Be careful not to break leaves.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast garnish over kale.
- Place kale in a dehydrator at 105˚ degrees for 12 hours until crispy. Enjoy!