- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 thin carrots, peeled and cut into ¼" rounds
- ½ pound green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1-3 jalapeno peppers, de-seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Niter Kibbeh
- ½ cup vegetarian stock
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tsp. Berbere Spice
- Place potatoes, carrots and green beans in a large saucepan. Cover surface with water and add salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until all vegetables are cooked through but not mushy, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, puree onions, garlic, ginger and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Combine Niter Kibbeh and onion mixture in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Turn heat down to medium and sauté until onions become translucent. Do not brown onions.
- Add cooked vegetables, stock, cardamom, and Berbere Spice to sauté pan. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Simmer on low heat 15-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with Injera Bread and enjoy!