Thai Coconut Soup
Thai Coconut Soup recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup julienned onion
- 8 large chunks ginger
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red jalapeño chile (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon green curry paste or curry powder
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 6-8 sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2-3 cups cubed tofu or veggies
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil (Thai or sweet)
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil and sauté onion, ginger, garlic and jalapeño (optional).
- Add curry paste and lime leaves when onions are soft. Sauté 2-3 more minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Add broth, bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, green onions and tofu (or veggies). Bring to a boil, then add basil and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer, then turn off heat.
- Garnish with lime juice and fresh cilantro. Serve alone or over jasmine rice or Thai sticky rice. Enjoy!