Tomato Garlic Soup
Some of the most delicious vegetable soups are the most simple. This same basic formula can be used for many other vegetable soups; fennel or butternut squash are favorites.
- 3-4 # tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 2 – 10 cloves garlic, to taste, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch stevia, to taste, optional
- Fry the garlic until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and fry lightly. And water and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Blend. Season to taste, adding stevia to increase the sweetness and further bring out the tomato flavor if desired.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Slow roast the tomatoes and garlic in the oven for 1-2 hours on a low heat until very well cooked. The slow-cooking will bring out the tomatoes natural sweetness and add a deeper, richer flavor.
- Once cooked (you may need to bring the garlic out earlier to prevent it from burning), place in a pot and cover with water.
- Blend. Season to taste.
- Further warm soup if desired. Serve garnished with fresh basil. Enjoy!