Sweet & Sour Tempeh
Sweet orange juice and mild vinegar make a tangy and hearty tempeh.
- 2-3 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups thinly sliced greens (cabbage, kale, etc.)
- In a large skillet heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add in tempeh and cook, stirring often, until tempeh is just browned on all sides – about 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and garlic until sugar dissolves.
- Lower heat and add orange juice mixture to skillet. Stir to coat, and cook about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce will thicken and tempeh will continue to soften.
- Serve with grains, greens, or inside wraps for a sweet and sour meal! Enjoy!