by Down to Earth
December 17, 2011
Honolulu, HI (Dec. 17, 2011) – This January Down to Earth will kick off the New Year with a month-long "Eat Healthy" program that promotes and supports New Year's resolutions to improve your health with a vegetarian diet. The program will include lectures by Carmela Wolf, Down to Earth Wellness Manager of the Honolulu location, and weekly in-store cooking demos. In addition, the regularly scheduled cooking classes at all locations will feature special menus. The theme of the cooking classes will be "Vegetarian Solutions to Better Health." Classes will provide educational materials, practical tips, recipes, cooking demonstrations, and, of course, free samples. Recipes will focus on plant-based proteins, greens, whole grains and raw foods. Chefs will also discuss the importance of organic and natural foods. Here's the lineup for the January "Eat Healthy" program:
"Healthy Living: making an impact on blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and weight naturally," by Carmela Wolf, Down to Earth Wellness Manager. Registration is required for the lectures due to limited seating. Call (808) 947-3249.
- KAPOLEI, 4460 Kapolei Parkway, Suite 320 Saturday January 14th, 11:00 am – 12:00 noon OR 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- HONOLULU 2515 S. King St. Thursday January 19th, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
No registration is required for the cooking classes. KAPOLEI Weekly Vegetarian Chef Andrea Bertoli every Wednesday 4:00pm-5:30pm & 5:30pm – 6:30pm. 4460 Kapolei Parkway, Suite 320. For more information call 675-2301.
- January 4th -- The Wholesome Bowl – Whole Grain Bowl with Raisin Vinaigrette, Noodle Bowl with Sesame Miso Sauce, and Quinoa Bowl with Red Pepper Crème.
- January 11th -- Homemade Granola- Maple Pecan Granola, Fruit & Nut Granola, and Granola Muffins.
- January 18th -- An Arabic Feast –Zucchini Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Baked Falafel, and Fattoush Salad.
- January 25th -- Greens and Grains- Garlic Broccoli Linguine, Polenta with Kale Pesto, and Millet Fried Rice with Cabbage.
KAPOLEI Monthly Featuring the Love Life! Community Outreach Team of vegetarian chefs. The 3rd Saturday of every month 11:00 am – 12 noon. 4460 Kapolei Parkway, Suite 320. For more information call 675-2301.
- January 21st -- Resolution Raw! - Kelp Noodle Primavera in a Pink Sauce, Raw Zesty Italian Kale Chips, Insalata Italiana, Raw Strawberry Cheesecake.
HONOLULU Monthly Vegetarian Chef Saradha Johnson. First Saturday of every month. 11:00am – 12:00pm. 2515 S. King St. For more information call (808) 947-3249
- January 7th -- Whole Grains For a Whole New You! -Whole Wheat Scones, Wheat berry Salad, Quinoa Risotto, and Multi-Grain Cinnamon Buns.
KAILUA Vegetarian Chef Trisha “Mama T” Gonsalves. 1st & 3rd Tuesdays 4:30pm – 5:30pm. 201 Hamakua Dr. No registration required. For more information call (808) 262-3838
- January 3rd -- Vibrantly Raw!- Rice Paper Spring Rolls with Raw Peanut Sauce, Broccoli Salad with Red Pepper Vinaigrette, and a Healthy Heart Green Smoothie.
- January 17th -- Whole Lotta’ Whole Grain Love! Wheat berry & Bean Salad with Herb Vinaigrette, Baked Quinoa & Bean Pattie with Green Goddess Dressing, and Mama’s No Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies.
PEARLRIDGE Vegetarian Chef Cynthia Cruz. 1st & 3rd Mondays 5:30pm – 6:30pm. 98-129 Kaonohi St. For more information call (808) 488-1375
- January 2nd -- Whole Grains For a Whole New You! -Whole Wheat Scones, Quinoa Patties, Barley Salad, and Multi-Grain Cinnamon Buns.
- January 16th -- Green with Envy! – Kale Smoothie, Swiss Chard & Seaweed Hand Rolls, Spinach Pasta Salad, and Green Tea Cheesecake.
KAHULUI Vegetarian Chef Jessica Oshier Tuesday Nights 5:30pm – 6:30pm. 305 Dairy Rd. For more information call (808) 877-2661
- January 3rd -- Asian Delight -Miso Soup, Soba Noodles with Toasted Sesame Sauce, and Green Papaya Salad.
- January 10th -- Simple and Healthy New Year –Rainbow Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry, Soulful Salad, and Green Goddess Dressing.
- January 17th -- Light and Lively!—Collard Green Wraps, Spicy Red Pepper Hummus, and Tahini Smoothie.
- January 24th -- Keeping Warm- Citrus Pistachio Quinoa, Mushroom Gravy, and Three Bean Salad.
- January 31st -- Indian Cuisine – Mango Chutney, Tiki Masala, and Lentil Dahl.
In-Store Demos – 12:00 noon
- Thursday, January 5th Plant-based Proteins (Honolulu and Kapolei)
- Tuesday, January 10th: Whole Grains (Kailua)
- Thursday, January 12th Smoothie demo (Honolulu, Kapolei, and Maui)
- Thursday, January 19th Whole Grains (Honolulu and Kapolei)
- Thursday, January 26th Raw Foods (Honolulu and Kapolei)