- 3-4 sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup cane sugar
- Cut washed and peeled potatoes into about 1” cubes.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add potatoes. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 10-15 minutes. The potatoes will be done when they can be crushed by a spoon.
- Drain water and return potatoes to pot.
- Add vegan butter, non-dairy milk (start with one Tablespoon, add second later if needed), and nutmeg.
- Use a potato masher, fork, or whisk to mash potatoes until they are light and fluffy.
- Transfer potatoes to an 8x8 pan and spread evenly. Coat the top evenly with cane sugar.
- Turn oven to broil and allow potatoes to cook until crust is bubbly and caramelized. Serve warm and enjoy!