- Olive oil
- 4 large russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large Maui sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1½ cups shredded smoked goat cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat an 8” x 8” baking dish with olive oil.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes in the baking dish.
- Add a thin layer of onion, butter and both cheeses. Save a little cheese to complete layering.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper and repeat layers until right below the top.
- Pour half and half over and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, turn the oven to broil and broil the top briefly, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!