- 6 Tablespoons small pearl tapioca
- 1 (15-ounce can) coconut milk
- 1½ Tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon or lime zest
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons organic cornstarch
- 1½ cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana, for topping (optional)
- Add 1 cup warm water to a small bowl, and gently add tapioca pearls. Soak for half hour.
- Drain pearls (discard water) and add to a medium-sized saucepan with coconut milk, ginger, zest, honey, and 1 cup non-dairy milk. Simmer over low heat for until pearls become clear, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cornstarch with remaining ½ cup non-dairy milk in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- When tapioca mixture is thoroughly warmed, add cornstarch mixture and stir constantly until thickened, about five minutes.
- Pour into serving dishes and allow to chill for at least two hours before serving.