- 2 cups organic basmati rice, rinsed
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup organic coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads
- Place all ingredients into a small sauce pan, preferably with a glass lid. Stir together to combine, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as boil is reached turn heat down to low and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. Do not remove cover until done!
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Serve as a side dish with your favorite meal. Enjoy!