- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried ground chipotle, or chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a large saucepan heat oil until sizzling, then
add onions. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Lower heat and add coconut milk, cumin,
chipotle and salt. Stir to combine, then add the
black beans. Simmer for 10 minutes, adding
water or broth for a thinner consistency. Taste
and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve in a large bowl for dipping, topped with
chopped avocado. Enjoy!