Heart-healthy flaxseeds are blended with chia and sunflower seeds for a gluten-free snack, perfect for picnics. You can use a dehydrator or oven for these crackers.
Updated: Sat, 06/16/2018 - 7:14am
- 1 cup whole flaxseeds
- ¾ cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, toss together whole and ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and salt. Add 2 cups filtered water and stir to combine. Soak for 15 minutes. Drain off excess liquid, if any.
- To dehydrate: pour flax mixture onto two lined trays. Dehydrate at 115º for four hours. Flip, score into squares, and dehydrate for 2-4 hours more, until crispy.
- To bake: line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, ensuring parchment covers edges of pan. Pour flax mixture onto baking sheet and spread evenly with a spatula. Mixture should only be a few millimeters thick.
- Bake at 350º for one hour. Flip entire pan of crackers, peel off parchment paper (it should come off easily), then bake half hour more, or until brown and crispy.
- Break into 20-30 pieces after cooling. Enjoy with hummus or other dips, or just solo!