- 1 (8-oz) package tempeh, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
Peanut Sauce (Saus Kacang)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut milk or water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons palm sugar
- 1-inch piece fresh turmeric
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 red potatoes, sliced into strips
- 1 head green cabbage, sliced into quarters
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cucumber, sliced into strips
- 1 carrot, sliced into sticks
- Heat oil in large skillet until warm, then add tempeh. Cook until browned on each side, about 10 minutes. Layer on paper towel to absorb excess oil, and set aside.
- In a bowl or processor whisk together Peanut Sauce ingredients, adding water or coconut milk as necessary for a thinner texture. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot boil 6 cups water. Add the potatoes and boil until soft, about five minutes. Remove from water and drain.
- Using the same water, blanch cabbage and bean sprouts separately. Let all vegetables drain, patting dry if necessary.
- On serving platters arrange tempeh, cooked vegetables, cucumbers, and carrots in a circle. Place a bowl of Peanut Sauce in the middle, and dig in!