Marinated Roasted Vegetables
Based on a popular Italian antipasto, this dish uses a flavorful balsamic marinade and a quick roast in the oven. This versatile dish can be used as an appetizer with crackers, bread, hummus and cheese or in sandwiches, soups, pasta, or salads.
Updated: Tue, 04/03/2018 - 10:13pm
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 zucchini, cut into ½” slices lengthwise
- 2-3 summer squashes or eggplants, cut into ½” slices lengthwise
- ½ pound mushrooms, cut into ½” slices lengthwise
- 3-4 bell peppers, cut into ½” slices lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together all Marinade ingredients together in a large deep baking dish.
- Place all vegetables inside marinade and toss to coat. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to prepared baking sheet. Do not discard marinade. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Transfer back into marinade and toss again. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or until vegetables are chilled. Vegetables are ready to serve or can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. Enjoy!