- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup pine nuts or chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups wild rice blend
- 3¾ cups vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add dried basil, red onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and pine nuts.
- Sauté for a few minutes, then add rice and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, bring vegetable broth, black pepper and salt to a boil.
- Add rice mixture to boiling liquid, reduce heat to low and cook for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and stir in lemon juice.
- Top with fresh sliced basil and enjoy!