- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup heavy cream, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon butterscotch extract (optional)
- 4 (12-ounce) cream sodas
- Cinnamon (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil stirring often, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in butter, salt, vinegar, and ¼ cup heavy cream until combined. Allow mixture to remain in saucepan, and set aside. Let cool to room temperature.
- If desired, in stir butterscotch extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons brown sugar mixture and remaining ½ cup heavy cream. Set aside.
- Return saucepan to stovetop and reheat over medium-low heat. Stir in 1 cream soda and heat for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer on low, whip brown sugar and cream mixture until just thickened and not completely whipped, 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully divide brown sugar mixture (from saucepan) between 4 heat-proof cups. Add about ¼ cup of cream soda to each cup and stir to combine. Divide remaining cream soda between cups.
- Garnish each cup evenly by spooning whipped topping over each. Sprinkle with a small pinch of cinnamon. Serve to all your thirsty wizards and witches and enjoy!