- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut (optional)
- ⅓ cup oil (canola, safflower or sunflower)
- ½ cup soy milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat loaf pan with oil and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, vegan butter, chopped pecans and coconut (if using) in a bowl. Mix with a fork until crumbly . Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oil, soy milk, brown sugar, pumpkin and vanilla.
- In a small bowl mix together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients and pecans to wet mixture and stir until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and top with streusel topping.
- Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Serve and enjoy!