Coconut Cilantro Risotto
Coconut Cilantro Risotto recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ Tablespoon tahini
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of cumin
- Seeds from 2 cardamom pods
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- handful of microgreens to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat slightly and add lemon juice.
- Slowly add vegetable stock. Stir constantly for about 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Serve and enjoy!