Avocado Lime Cream Pie
Unusual dessert ingredients avocado and agar-agar (a seaweed!) team up with zesty lime to make a surprisingly smooth, creamy and refreshing summer dessert. It’s so good you might not want to share!
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:05pm
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Zest of 2 limes
- 6 dates, pits removed
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups mashed avocado
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon agar-agar flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9” pie pan and set aside.
- Place all Crust ingredients into a food processor. Process until combined. Mixture should be sticky but crumbly. Press into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While Crust is baking, prepare Agar-agar Thickener: In a small pot combine water and agar-agar flakes over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 3-5 minutes or until flakes dissolve.
- Meanwhile, place all Filling ingredients into food processor. Blend until smooth. Leave Filling inside food processor.
- Allow Agar-agar Thickener to cool slightly then add to Filling mixture. Process for another minute.
- Pour into cooled Crust and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until set. Enjoy!