Chai-Spiced Rice Pudding
In this recipe the rich, comforting flavors of chai spices are paired with a creamy rice pudding for a wholesome, sweet treat. This can also be made in a slow cooker (Set heat on high for 2-3 hours or until rice has absorbed all the liquid).
Updated: Sat, 04/07/2018 - 6:45am
- ½ cup Arborio rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups unsweetened almond or soy milk
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon + more to garnish
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
- ¼ cup raisins
- Coconut flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Mix together Arborio rice, milk, sugar, and spices in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low. Let simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, diced apples and raisins.
- Divide pudding between serving bowls. Garnish with cinnamon and coconut flakes. Serve warm and enjoy!