- 5 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- ½ cup soy milk
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup organic canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flax seeds with soy milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together oil and sugar until mostly smooth. Add flax mixture, peppermint extract and vanilla. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet and fold gently. Add chocolate chips and mix to combine. The batter will be very stiff.
- Roll batter into 1" balls and flatten onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move to wire racks to cool. Enjoy!