- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup softened butter or vegan butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 portions egg replacer
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread pecans on baking sheet. Roast for 7-10 minutes and then set aside to cool. Reuse same parchment paper for cookies.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Whisk together egg replacer and water in a small bowl until slightly frothy. Add prepared egg replacer and vanilla extract to creamed butter. Beat together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Fold pecan pieces and chocolate chips into batter. Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough onto baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool and serve. Enjoy!