Sweet Potato Rice Pudding
A nice variation to rice pudding.
- ¼ pound sweet potato
- 1⅔ cups milk or non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon stevia extract
- 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of cardamom (optional)
- Pinch salt
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into pieces. Should yield ⅔-1 cup. Steam until tender.
- Blend cooked sweet potato, milk and stevia in a blender until smooth.
- Combine cooked rice and blended potato mixture in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the pudding is thick.
- Stir in the vanilla, spices and salt. Cook a few minutes longer. Enjoy!