Roasted Poblano Vinaigrette
Smoky, tangy, and a little bit sweet, this dressing has it all. Try it on a leafy green salad topped with <a href="http://www.downtoearth.org/recipes/appetizers-sides-new/rajas-roasted-poblano-chiles">Rajas</a> and goat cheese. When handling chiles, use gloves or rub oil over your hands to avoid burning.
Updated: Mon, 04/09/2018 - 8:08am
- 1 poblano chile
- Canola oil + ½ cup
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Rub poblano with a little canola oil, and place on a baking sheet. Roast 30-45 minutes or until charred on all sides, turning at least once.
- Transfer to an airtight container, cover and let steam for 15 minutes. Carefully rub off skin with gloves or a paper towel, and de-seed.
- Place poblano, vinegar, shallot, agave nectar, garlic, paprika, mustard, juice and zest in food processor and blend until smooth.
- While processing, add ½ cup canola oil and blend until mixture is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!