Sweet Almond Butter Spread
Delicious on your favorite whole-grain bread or crackers! Make extra to store in the refrigerator and enjoy as a snack. Add a little maple syrup or agave if you'd like it to be sweeter.
Updated: Sat, 04/14/2018 - 8:11am
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed and cubed
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons miso
- Steam sweet potatoes until tender.
- Add almond butter and a few teaspoons of water to a large pan and heat on low, constantly stirring with a whisk until mixture is thinned and easy to stir.
- Add steamed potatoes and mash into the butter. Add more water if needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Turn off heat and thoroughly stir in miso paste.Transfer into a bowl to allow to cool. Serve warm or chilled. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!