Macadamia Nut Hummus with Crispy Pitas
Change up a classic with these different and delicious ingredients.
2 1/2 cups hummus
Macadamia Nut Hummus
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 Tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 medium basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large pita breads
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground garlic
- 2 Tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- Set oven to broil.
- Combine Macadamia Nut Hummus ingredients in a food processor and pulse until pureéd.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with a few basil leaves. Set aside.
- Cut each pita into 4 wedges.
- In a small bowl combine cumin and garlic with the macadamia nut oil.
- Brush the oil mixture onto the pita wedges and set on a baking sheet.
- Broil pitas until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Serve with Macadamia Nut Hummus. Enjoy!