Edamame and Hijiki Salad
Sweet edamame (young soybeans) pair deliciously with rich hijiki seaweed. Recipe adapted from Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson (www.101cookbooks.com).
6 Small Servings
- ¼ cup hijiki seaweed
- 1 (12-ounce) package shelled frozen edamame
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
Creamy Miso Dressing
- ¼ cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- A few pinches sea salt
- Soak hijiki in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Add edamame to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 3 minutes. Rinse in cool water and drain well.
- In a large bowl toss together soaked hijiki, edamame, carrots, spinach and cabbage. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Creamy Miso Dressing ingredients, ensuring miso is dissolved.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss to distribute evenly. Serve immediately. Keep dressing separate if serving later. Enjoy!