- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ cup lemon juice + 2 Tablespoons
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup unbleached flour
- 2-3 Tablespoons safflower oil + more if needed
- In a food processor combine chickpeas, onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, and ¼ cup lemon juice. Pulse until chickpeas are coarsely
- Transfer to a large bowl and add bell pepper, zucchini, breadcrumbs, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour flour into a medium sized bowl.
- Roll chickpea mixture into 1” balls. Roll balls into flour and gently shake to remove excess flour. Press into patties. Should yield 20-24 patties.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry patties for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Flip patties and fry for another 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add more oil if needed.
- Serve with your favorite dip or sauce. Enjoy!