- 1 cup cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup cubed sweet potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon each salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ (7 ounce) package tempeh bacon, chopped
- ½ bunch lacinato kale (about eight leaves), stems removed and sliced thinly
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 Tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Toss cubed potatoes with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt and peppers. Layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Lower heat to 375º.
- In a large saucepan, heat remaining olive oil until warm. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Add chopped tempeh bacon, cooking until tempeh is just browned.
- Add kale to the bottom of a casserole dish or 7x11 baking dish. Top with potatoes and tempeh mixture.
- In a small bowl whisk together soymilk, arrowroot, and tamari. Pour soymilk mixture into pan, shaking gently to distribute. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!